Saturday, June 15, 2013

My best friend's wedding

This post is not about any Hollywood love triangle, but about how important it is to have a true friend by your side during the most important day of your life.
I was lucky enough to have my great friend Ash with me all along the way (yes, she's called Ash too!). She endured long fitting sessions, performed like a champ during last minute rushes... I guess that what I am trying to say is that at the end I loved every second of my big day, and she had a lot to do with it!
Now the time has come for me to repay the favour and slip on the bridesmaid shoes (which are going to be beautiful by the way!). Amongst the other traditional chores (yes I am talking about the hen party) I am in charge of the bridal headpiece. Knowing the bride this well really makes things easier. I started working on the designs ages ago, and after my trip to Sri Lanka all the final details are coming together. This rather significant piece is going to combine sumptuous materials with an exotic technique which I am dying to try for the first time. The style key words are: "bohemian, 1930's, deco, whimsical".
I'll keep you posted on the advances!


No comments:

Post a Comment